Sunday 15 May 2016

#3 on my list

Hey All,

Linda here, with my #3 item on my bucketlist - Amsterdam! I know what you're first thought are....coffe *cough* shops, red light district etc. but Amsterdam has way more to offer than a dodgy night with your Contiki Crew. Amsterdam, located in the north of The Netherlands, is a city rich with history, culture and interesting architecture smattered through a myriad of canals. In addition to the vibrant nightlife there is plenty to keep you amused throughout the day. Definitely on top of my list of things to do there is the Van Gogh museum, Ann Frank House and with me being a florist, my number one thing to do in Amsterdam is to check out the floating flower market! The flower market is a collection of floating pontoons and has been around for about 150 years. The Netherlands are well known worldwide for their tulips and other bulb flowers.

 
Tulips anyone?
 

I'm actually planning on ticking this one off my list pretty soon, with a trip to Europe planned for this June & July. I'll keep you posted with highlights from the trip! In the meantime, check out Iamamsterdam for further information on the flower market and other ideas in Amsterdam.

No comments:

Post a Comment