Tuesday 17 May 2016

The City of Love

Evening y'all! I'm sure a few of you  might roll your eyes at this one, but #2 on my list is gay Paris! I find Paris really polarizing - people either love it or hate it. Obviously for me, its the former!


One of my first stops in Paris is always Laduree. If you haven't heard of them before, they are one of the world's best patissiers (read: cakes), and are particularly famous for their macarons. Laduree has recently set up shop in Sydney, and their macarons are flown here all the way from Switzerland, but nothing beats a fresh caramel fleur du sel from their flagship store on the Champs Elysees. Trust me, everything tastes better in French. For more mouth watering pictures and info, check out Laduree online.









I have been lucky enough to visit Paris a couple of times already and every time I go she still manages to impress me or unearth something new. Paris is a huuuuuge city. The first stop for many visitors to Paris is to climb (meaning take an elevator) the Eiffel Tower, which was definitely high on my list too. However, not as many people know you can also climb to the top of the famous Sacre Coeur basilica in Montmatre. The climb up the narrow, winding staircase is definitely worth the view at the end. From here you can see every inch of Paris, and best of all, you get to avoid those notorious queues at the Eiffel Tower and work off those macarons on the way up!

 

I'll be heading to Paris again in July, so make sure you check back here for my latest pics and advice on Paris! Bonne nuit tout le monde (Good night everyone!) - Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment